Saturday, March 18, 2017

Daily Inspiration 3-18-17

"What a strange thing! 
to be alive beneath cherry blossoms." 

-- Kobayashi Issa 



This February and March period remind me of a roller coaster in that February is the final stretch up the main hill, and March is the release that provides the momentum to the rest of the year. It is the time of promise of in the new and reborn.

Some winters are colder and wetter than others, and I always seem to long for the Spring and warmth coming again. Spring is without a doubt my favorite time of year. I love the mild and yet warm weather, and so I look forward to it after the mid-point of Winter. And, whether the groundhog will see his shadow or not see his shadow, I know that when March 20th comes, the new beginning is at hand and cannot be stopped.

Even if clouds roll in and cold fronts keep trying, I know they are doomed. That is why it is like a roller coaster. March 20th, or close enough to that is the top of the first and most important hill, and once that hill is crested, the roller coaster cannot be stopped. Spring cannot be stopped. It is coming. It is coming. It is here. Done deal.

So this time from the ending of the Winter and the beginning of Spring is a magical time. It reminds me of being inspired, of seeing things anew like the look of a child in wonder. It's strange how the season can affect me as much as it does. It calls me to be outside more which feels like I'm alive and free. It calls me to new projects that I may have considered in the downtime of the Winter. It beckons me forward toward new opportunity. It is renewal.


Spring: The Season Of Promise. 

Spread Some Joy Today--by feeling that promise of Spring within you. It's only a day or two away!

No comments:

Post a Comment