Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Daily Inspiration 10-5-16

"Fantasy Football: 
Winning the Super Bowl 
without ever showing up for practice." 

-- Albert K. Strong 



James Allen said:

"Mind is the master power that molds and makes, 
 and Man is Mind, and evermore he takes 
the tool of Thought, and shaping what he wills, 
brings forth a thousand joys, a thousand ills:-- 
He thinks in secret, and it comes to pass: 
Environment is but his looking-glass." 

This morning I read this quote from Abraham, Esther Hicks that just came:

"Each and every component that makes up your life experience is drawn to you by the powerful Law of Attraction's response to the thoughts you think and the story you tell about your life. Your money and financial assets; your body's state of wellness, clarity, flexibility, size, and shape; your work environment, how you are treated, work satisfaction, and rewards--indeed, the very happiness of your life experience in general--is all happening because of the story that you tell." 

As I read that, I pondered it by asking myself, "am I attracting what I want? What are the stories that I am telling myself? Am I wanting the physical results without doing the mental work? If I am where I am financially, physically, and otherwise because of the stories I am telling myself, it might be better for me to pay more attention to the stories in my head."

A day or two ago, I mentioned seeing a pothole in the road. Suppose I see a pothole and then decide to find all the potholes in the city? What do you suppose will happen? I know. I would find a serious amount of potholes and all of them of different size, depth, shape. Some might be "pre-potholes," sort of like pre-diabetic, or pre-cancerous, and such. As I focus on those pre-potholes, they will surely become full-fledged official potholes.

And as I spend my time doing that, I am becoming a pothole expert of sorts. I could then write a book all about potholes, how they come to be, the various ways they show themselves, how to catch potholes in the pre-pothole stage so that they can be repaired before the actual pothole forms. I would have lots of photos of potholes, with scientific drawings, and maybe even links to a YouTube channel so that I could use video to promote my ideas about potholes. But, as I see in looking at YouTube and typing in 'potholes', there are already quite a number of people focused on potholes. I should be surprised, but I am not really, because there are potholes all around the world, and many much larger than those here in my city.

After a time, I see nothing but potholes. Everything around me reminds me of potholes. I write letters, appear at council meetings, cajole officials in public about potholes and how they are taking over the city, and they just ignore me. Sometimes, I just get screaming mad at these low-life politicians who won't listen to the facts, and don't do anything about all the fricken potholes all around this city. We're drowning in potholes! They are everywhere! I hate potholes!

My mental life has taken charge of my physical life. My thoughts have built my story. My story has caused my actions. My actions has reinforced my story. I am feeding myself with my own dung.

Or, my story could be what is going well, going right, feels good, is good. I could spend my time building the building, rather than tearing everyone else's down. I could pay attention to my story and adjust as necessary to get what I want instead of what I don't want. I could see the world as good rather than bad, joyous instead of fearful, whole instead of broken. It is a place where potholes may exist, but I don't focus on them. I allow others and things to be as they will as I choose what I want and intend to see, hear, smell, taste, feel, and sense.


"If We Perceived Life With Reverence, We Would Stand In Awe At The Experience Of Physical Life And Walk The Earth In A Very Deep Sense Of Gratitude." -- Gary Zukav 

Spread Some Joy Today--by enjoying your beautiful smoothly paved Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment