Friday, October 14, 2016

Daily Inspiration 10-14-16


"There is nothing 
more important 
than to feel good." 

-- Abraham, Esther Hicks 



As I got up this morning, I was thinking about all the hundreds of books that I have read and continue to read on self-development, spirituality, so-called self-help psychology, so-called new age, etc. I am drawn to one and then another, and another as if they were bread crumbs along the path guiding me. I learn from each of them. I find value in each of them, and they are all the same and yet they are all different too.

I was meant for this journey, and in my later life, I am meant to share what I've learned as I have digested it, and am able to speak of it in my own voice as I have come to know it. All of that fascinates me. I could be doing a lot of things in my life, and yet this time that I spend with these Daily Inspirations is to me the most valuable thing that I do or even could be doing right now.

This morning, I wanted to share the single most important lesson that I have learned in my life: to learn how to feel good, and learn the value of feeling good, and how it can direct my life. You could also say choosing happiness, or as Michael Singer so delightfully said it, to practice unconditional happiness.

As I look back, the thing that guided me the most was my own sense of universal application. I would read an author and they would spell out their plan of salvation and have 50 points about it and all these 'should's,' and 'must do's' in order to get to inner peace. I read and considered, and took what resonated with me and left the rest there.

This is the perfect way to learn as far as I'm concerned. If it feels good to me, or rather, as it resonates with me, it is truth to me. As it feels off or bad or does not resonate, I've learned to simply let it be. 

I've read the Bible twice cover to cover and I did that before I started going to church at age 45. I remember a pastor saying that the Bible is the only book that is truth and that all truth is in the Bible and that you have to take the whole of it and not pick and choose what feels good to you. I completely disagree. God is still writing through authors today. She didn't stop at one book. And, though there isn't value in all of it in that way to me, there certainly is value in there that has resonated with me as if it was meant only for me.

What I mean by my own sense of universal application is this: To me, the message needs to be simple--really simple. It has to be able to be understood by a child. I love Albert Einstein and his thoughts on this subject. He says, "out of clutter, find simplicity." That is what I search for most: finding simplicity out of the clutter. He says, "if you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself."

I learned the real value of feeling good from Abraham, Esther Hicks, and I have also learned it from several other authors such as Joseph Campbell, where he said, "follow your bliss and the universe will open doors for you where there were only walls." 

What is it to feel good? It means to vibrate at a higher level. It means to follow your heart. It means to love yourself, love others, love what you do. It means to appreciate everything that is around you--all of creation. It means to appreciate your own value and the value of all of those on the planet regardless of what might be said to the contrary about them. It means to seek the light rather than the darkness. It means to turn our eyes and heart toward God, the Universe, All-That-Is. It means to feel deep within that which resonates with our inner being, our Immanuel, our soul, or whatever words might please you.

It means to practice these things, and to not save them for later in private. It means to run our business with things that feel good to us like integrity, service, providing value, exchanging value, caring, giving others the benefit of the potential doubt. It means practicing kindness, courtesy, patience. It is being at peace within whether we are in heavy traffic on the freeway, listening to complaints, or letting go of overwhelment. It is releasing resistance, letting go of the rope, not being concerned about who's right and who's wrong, who's to blame, who should pay, who's doing what we disagree with.

Feeling good is love. Feeling bad is fear. In this world of duality, and to make it as simple as it can get, there is love and there is fear. Truly, it is simpler than this: there is love and there is turning away from love. There is choosing to feel good, feeling good, acting as we feel good, and there is turning away from that and calling it anything you like to justify that point of view.

This is not something you should do or not do. Only you can choose for you. I do it. I practice it. I'm getting so much better at it by practicing it. I keep what resonates, and let the rest go. I resist less and less each day. I choose not to fight. I choose to love. I choose peace. I choose freedom. I choose to appreciate everything--to experience life in its fullness. The joy that has expanded in me brings me to tears quite often. I am in love. To learn to feel good is the single most important thing I have ever learned. Ever.


What Is The Value Of Feeling Good For You? 

Spread Some Joy Today--by allowing your joy expression.

No comments:

Post a Comment