Sunday, August 7, 2016

Daily Inspiration 8-7-16

"Mind your own business!" 

-- A phrase I heard often as a child 



Whether it was my own attempted manipulations, or other interactions with my four younger siblings, or being nosy about my parents' behaviors and thinking, I was put in my place by the edict that I mind my own business. And, since I recall hearing it plenty of times, I must not have liked staying in my own business when it seemed so much more interesting to be involved in other people's business.

Now, after all of the years that have passed by, and all of the study to learn how to have a pleasing and delightful life, I can say that I have learned pretty well to mind my own business. In fact, I highly recommend it.

After all, it's challenging enough to deal with our own stuff without delving into all that other stuff of the people, things, circumstances, activities around us. I would call minding my own business sanity, and trying to mind the business of others as insanity.

Over the past few days, I've written about how excited I am about the progress I've made in personal peace and joy. Every bit of it is true and real to me. And sometimes you just don't notice how much progress you've made until you really look at it. It's like how fast kids grow up, and if you go away for just a few months, how different they look when you return, yet being there every day, you don't notice the changes as much because they are constant.

Not all, but a very substantial part of what I've learned to get to this delightful place came from studying Abraham, Esther Hicks. I began learning about the Law of Attraction, and attempting to have a deeper understanding of that and how I can pay attention to my choices rather than choosing by default, or unconsciously.

I've learned that I attract what I think about regularly, and focus on. Yesterday, I mentioned the newspaper and how it is 90+% negative, but that's not how our lives are. Our lives are the opposite of that for most of us I believe. Some of us have spent more time in negativity because we attract more of that by paying attention to it. And, it is true. Anyone can see it by simply looking at what is going on in someone's life. We attract to us what we choose to focus on, and what the dominant theme of our thinking is. But, the good news is that we can change that focus and those dominant thoughts to something that feels way better, any time we choose to do so, and then with just a bit of practice, our lives get better, and better, and better. As Abraham would put it, "the better it gets, the better it gets." 

As a student of this, I might think that I can overcome my own feelings by paying attention to a negative thing and trying hard to see it as positive. I love how Abraham, Esther Hicks puts that into perspective: "You may blame yourself for not being strong enough to appreciate some unhappy people in spite of their negative emotional offerings toward you. Well, we would never suggest that you be able to look at something you do not want and feel good about it. Instead, look for things that cause you to feel appreciation when you find them--and then the Law of Attraction will bring you more things like those." 

I thought that was so darn profound! It speaks volumes to me, and it puts into perspective how I've come to feel so good about where I am in my life and to delight in the progress. Whereas I used to pay more attention to things I don't want, didn't like, hated, was upset about, angry about, disgusted with, frustrated with, and more, the only thing that came from that was more of it as the Law of Attraction doesn't care what you're thinking and feeling, or rather, your current vibration, it responds perfectly every time.

So rather than trying to make the things that I don't want or like to be what I do want or like, or to try to overcome them, I simply learned to turn away from those things toward the things that I do want and like, and put my focus there. As I did that, more of those things showed up until that is the majority of things that I see in my life.

When I look at something I don't like or want, I don't feel good, but when I look at something I can appreciate, I instantly feel good. The choice is our own. Yes, it is our own business. I am minding my own business. I am not minding the business of others. They can have what they choose, as equally, and magnificently as I can have what I choose. I get to feel how I want to feel, and feeling good reminds me that I am minding my own business.


My Mother Was Right. There Is Such Value In Minding My Own Business After All! 

Spread Some Joy Today--by turning toward that which causes you to feel joy. Give that your attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment