Friday, August 26, 2016

Daily Inspiration 8-26-16

"Confidence is the most important 
single factor in this game, 
and no matter how great your talent, 
there is only one way 
to obtain it--work." 

-- Jack Nicklaus 



Hmmmm. Certainly work, or rather, a better word would be practice, is something that can lead one to have increasing confidence. Yet, the word, work, and especially when it is preceded by the word, hard, is only of real and profitable value when doing something we are driven to do, love to do, can't wait to do, as was obviously the case with Jack Nicklaus, and I'm sure all the top golfers then and now. And, then, in my mind, it is no longer associated with that four-letter word, work. It certainly would be more appropriately associated with the word, play.

But, the reason I chose this quote was the idea that confidence comes from work. I know for sure and for certain that it is indeed, the most important single factor in the game, or any game, or any task, of any kind. And maybe it can come from practice, or work, or even hard work. Yet, confidence is not a thing to be received or attained. It is simply a thought, and a feeling, that creates a temporary belief. 

This thought, resultant feeling, and temporary belief can just as easily come from our imagination, and perhaps even more powerfully and fully than through any amount of practice or work. In fact, work is sort of a backward way to the feeling and belief of confidence. It's an action way. The faster, easier, smoother way is through imaginary visualization.

Confidence is a feeling. It is the result of thought. And, from the place of a desire to do a thing, it is a very desirable feeling to feel. There are many routes to every destination.


I Think I Can. I Think I Am. I Know I Am. It Is. I Am. 

Spread Some Joy Today--You'll know it when you feel it, and so will everyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment