Sunday, February 8, 2015

Daily Inspiration 2-8-15

"What if you could?" 

-- Alan Cohen 


Sometimes in sharing ideas when I think people may be ready to hear, someone will object stating that it is hard and unrealistic to be positive all the time. I actually agree with that because contrast, or a thing that we do not want, or do not like, causes us to feel negative emotion. In the newspapers, radio and TV news, the Internet and via friends and coworkers, there is plenty of contrast that can cause us to feel that negative emotion. So yes, staying positive all the time cannot be if we are to grow and expand.

The only issue is how long we stay in that place.

Abraham and Esther Hicks points out, "Many around you want to point out "reality" to you. They say, "Face the facts. Look at what-is." And we say to you, if you are able to see only what-is--then, by Law of Attraction, you will create only more of what-is. . . You must be able to put your thoughts beyond what-is in order to attract something different or something more."

Facts are stubborn things. They are not easy to ignore. But, as Albert Einstein so aptly pointed out, "the definition of insanity is doing the same things, and expecting a different result." Or, more appropriately, thinking the same things and expecting a different result cannot work.


It might be a while. . . Change can take time, but the better the focus, the less time is needed. But one thing is certain. Without the change, things will remain the same or so similar that you cannot tell them apart.

My own previous tendency toward negative thinking is simply that I would think the worst more times than of the best outcome. I would misplace my keys, wallet, or something else and immediately start thinking that someone took it, moved it without my knowledge, and a long list of other silliness. It hardly ever turned out to be true, but it was my first thought. It's a challenge to change that kind of momentum, but it can be done when we decide we want to.

Enter one of the best tools for change I have found called Pivoting. I shared it briefly before, and it is so powerful and easy. Now, when I have a negative thought or scenario about a negative outcome, I pay attention to what I am feeling. When I have thoughts like that, I tense up inside, feel bad (worry, blame, discouragement, disappointment, etc.) and I am paying attention, I can immediately stop the thought, and make a statement to myself, or even aloud sometimes. I will say, "That is what I don't want. What is it that I do want?"

This is one powerful statement and question that changes my focus immediately in search of what it is that I do want. Before I was only seeing "reality" or imagining something that I did not want, and now I have pivoted and going a different direction, choosing different thoughts, feeling better thoughts.

If you have ever had a tendency like I did, I think that this process will help you move from being negative, which is more in our self-talk than anything, to thinking more positively, and from that better perspective, or vantage point, you will find more joy, and better results. It is only the desire to change, and this pivoting process will help add energy and focus to that desire for change, that will help change to something better rather than changing to more of the same.


I love how Abraham puts it from the book, Ask and It Is Given, and based on this, one might even decide to get excited about negative emotion:

"When you are feeling negative emotion, you are in a very good position to identify what you want. Because never are you more clear about what you do want than when you are experiencing what you do not want. And so, if you will stop in that moment and say, Something is important here, otherwise I would not be feeling this negative emotion; I need to focus on what I want, and then turn your attention to what it is that you want--in the moment of the turning of your attention, the negative emotion and the negative attraction will stop. And in the moment the negative attraction stops, the positive attraction will begin. And your feelings will change from not feeling good to feeling good. That is the process of Pivoting."


100% Positive May Not Be Possible, But How About 90-95%? How Would That Feel? 

Spread Some Joy Today--In your own expansion and positive change, and in celebrating your decision to change, joy is the immediate result. It will not go unnoticed, I assure you.

No comments:

Post a Comment