Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Daily Inspiration 8-6-19

"Cultivate the habit of being grateful
for every good thing that comes to you, 
and to give thanks continuously. 
And because all things have contributed
to your advancement, you should 
include all things in your gratitude." 

-- Ralph Waldo Emerson 




[New post]

Many people may take issue with Ralph Waldo Emerson on this statement. They're easy to please of the first part, but in disagreement with being grateful for the negative things or the things that don't feel good that have happened to them. Of course, it is so easy to be grateful when things feel good. Being grateful for things going wrong or feeling bad is a whole other thing. 

How can I be grateful for things going wrong, not working out, missteps along my path? I can when I realize that this negative or bad feeling is coming from my inner knowing, the God within and I am thinking or doing something that my inner knowing is not interested in, or is focusing elsewhere. It is always my choice to do it anyway, or think it anyway, or to pay attention to the reminder for me to realize that what I am thinking or doing is working against me.


Being Thankful In All Things Is Far More Beneficial That It Would Seem. It Is Quite Frankly How We Can Transform Our Lives.

Spread Some Joy Today--as you open to the possibilities that exist beyond blame.

No comments:

Post a Comment