Friday, February 22, 2019

Daily Inspiration 2-22-19

"The form of what you do
is less important
than the energy you hold
while you are doing it." 

-- Alan Cohen 



[Classic post from 11-29-17]

I've long been a fan of the teachings of the late Jim Rohn. I remember that he said it was valuable to turn frustration into fascination. That has never left me from the moment I heard it on a tape recording many years ago. And, as I know that another of his teachings was that "things do not just happen, they happen just," I find my practice of being fascinated when things are not going according to some plan I had instead of being frustrated by them has changed my life oh so much. I am so grateful for these teachings which I find uses for almost every day of my life.

Today is a perfect example. Each and everything that I had planned today changed. People were not there when I had an appointment, people showed up unexpectedly twice, and so much more. I also found so many blessings during the day that those blessings so outweigh the challenges as to make it a very unfair competition.

I realized today that I have come to a place in my life where I have learned to go with the flow so to speak. I just watch it unfold in fascination and let any potential frustration go. Now, I'm not yet 100% on this because, after all, it is a practice, but it is well within me now so that it is something I will go to very quickly and laugh along the way that these things are happening at all.

We love being in control, but sometimes that eagerness for control is thwarted right in our face, and we want answers and we want to know what is going on and we can't get answers and we don't know what is going on and we might not even know who to blame, but we feel that we must blame. And yet, what good would that do? Our upsetedness leads only to our being more upset and so all that is going toward us instead of who we think should be the one to blame.

Which makes me laugh all the more. It becomes silliness, so why not laugh at it all.

But the lesson for me is to let go and pretend I'm in a small boat with some oars and to try to row upstream is to work like crazy trying to get where I think I want to be, when to put the oars in the boat and just let the current take me where it wants to go and just enjoy the journey wherever it may lead.


Today Nothing Went According To Plan And I Find Myself Thankful Anyway. Or Probably, Especially! 

Spread Some Joy Today--by not sweating the small stuff. It's all small stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment