Thursday, August 9, 2018

Daily Inspiration 8-9-18

"I don't believe in being
serious about anything. 
I think life is too serious 
to be taken seriously." 

-- Ray Bradbury 




[Classic post from 5-31-14]

What a great quote. The older I get and the wiser I become, I find that this quote resonates with me more. How much of my life have I taken so seriously, and how did that help me along my path? Based on my own reflection, it didn't. In fact, the opposite was more of the truth. We are all a bunch of serious people.

Richelle E Goodrich says to "take a step back. Draw in a deep breath. Now ask yourself, 'So what?' Then, after answering, ask yourself again, 'So what?' And a third time: 'So what?' Chances are you'll come to realize that the issue at hand is not as dire, detrimental, or important as you first thought."

Then, there is the contrary point of view by Oscar Wilde: "One must be serious about something if one wants to have any amusement in life." How many times has that proven to be the case in my life? Many, many times. Along with Mr. Wilde, Martin Rubin is in agreement with, "the only reason to take anything seriously is to make it more fun."

Today, I tell people that my only goal in life is simply to enjoy myself. A better way to say that might be to INjoy myself. I am rather curious about how often and how long I can be in joy so that works. And, the only way that I can enjoy and be in joy is by not taking anything very seriously. That is the opposite of the way I used to live and I am certain now which path is more fruitful.


Here's A Great Question I Have On My Wall: Is There Joy In This? Another Sign Says: Lighten Up! Have More Fun! I Need Reminders . . . 

Spread Some Joy Today--by being injoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment