Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Daily Inspiration 3-6-18

"Who looks outside, dreams; 
who looks inside, awakes."

-- Carl Jung 



[Classic post from 11-23-16]

After yesterday's post, I was contemplating the duality of our world here on this planet, in this time-space environment. It is said that we cannot truly know joy without knowing pain, or that we cannot know love without knowing hate or fear, and so on. And though this might be true for many, it is not a requirement. It is much simpler than this.

I think it is true that what is going on outside of us is a direct reflection of what is going on inside of us. We see with our eyes that which is outside of us, and all the interpretations of that information are done on the inside. We use our brain to recognize and extrapolate what it means. We interpret based on known information and experience what anything means to us.

I was specifically thinking last night and this morning about the adage that we cannot know happiness without knowing unhappiness, or that we cannot really know joy without knowing fear, and so on. In other words, we cannot know this feeling without having experienced the opposite feeling as if it is a requirement in order to feel something. Is it really necessary to feel bad so that we can understand and experience what it is to feel good?

I love Abraham, Esther Hicks' emotional scale found in their book, Ask and It Is Given, as well, I have shared it a few times in these Daily Inspirations. It has 22 places and goes top to bottom where at number one is love, joy, freedom all the way to depression and powerlessness at number 22, with various improving or degrading emotions in between. It isn't meant to be a complete list because we have hundreds, maybe thousands of words to express a feeling point. But, I think it is helpful and has been for me.

At one point, I felt that I agreed that to know and appreciate love, feeling those emotions that are the opposite enhances what it is like to really know love, and although that can certainly be true, it is not a requirement. We get to choose all day, every day of our lives how we want to feel.

I interpret Carl Jung's quote this way: Looking outside at what is going on and paying much attention to it is dreaming. It is happening to us. We often react to it one way or the other. It's sort of visually like being a pinball in a pinball machine. And, looking inside is awakening. This is where we realize that we have much more control than we imagined as we were focused on the outside. We have guidance within to help us change, rearrange, or reinterpret the events outside of us, and we realize that within is where everything is interpreted. Inside is where we realize that we are in control of our life here to the point that we accept that control and make use of it. And, the really good part is that we are not alone in that task. In addition, we can create from the inside that which is going on outside, or rather, where we can create what we want to see on the outside by accepting and practicing that idea.

Just after I wrote and published yesterday's post, I received this message from Abraham, Esther Hicks, and I thought it was perfect:

"Source is there for everyone at all times. We are always there. And so when you are aware of the presence of Source and when you are not offering a vibration that prevents you from your alignment with Source, then you have those wonderful moments. And you can do that all the time. And people refer to those who are doing that as masters. But all of you can do that. It is the mastery of focus. That's what it is." 

So my experiences at the grocery store and the clouds were not so much what was outside of me, but what was inside. It was how I interpreted it. It was what I was looking to see. I have learned that I want to feel good, and I now find all manner of ways to feel good. I am not required to feel bad in order to feel good. I get to choose all day, every day.

I'll add this affirmation from the sign on my wall that I've shared many times, also from Abraham, Esther Hicks: "Today, no matter where I'm going, and no matter what I am doing, it is my dominant intent to see that which I am wanting to see." 

I am wanting always to feel good, and feeling good to me is all about seeking to find things to appreciate, realizing that we are all from the same Source, being in joy as much as possible because joy is feeling good regardless.


I Now Spend Most Of My Time On The Feeling Good Side Of The Stick. I Don't Need To Feel Bad To Experience What Feeling Good Is Like Or To Try To Enhance It That Way. I Just Like Feeling Good. 

Spread Some Joy Today--by choosing to feel how you want to feel, and I'm guessing that feeling good and being injoy is really your desire.

No comments:

Post a Comment