Saturday, November 11, 2017

Daily Inspiration 11-11-17

"I've developed a new philosophy. . . 
I only dread one day at a time."

- Charlie Brown (Charles Schulz)



"It is not work that kills men, it is worry. 
Work is healthy; you can hardly put more on a man than he can bear. 
But worry is rust upon the blade. 
It is not the movement that destroys the machinery, but friction."

- Henry Ward Beecher




[Classic post from 10-30-09]

Every day I hear someone speaking of worry. It's the economic times, the lack of sales, the recession and where it is positioned (over or not over), paying or not paying their bills, the cost of this or that, where the country is headed, the flu pandemic, the state budget shortfall, and an unlimited number of other things that some people worry about.

It's no wonder. We are conditioned to worry. All the headlines in the paper condition us to worry. The television news (how many channels now?) condition us to worry globally. Open up msn.com or aol.com and there are more things going wrong. Take it in and indeed, the world is in a big mess with no end in sight.

If you survive that, there are the personal worries to get through. How are the kids doing in school, what about the neighborhood, the crap going on at work and all that stuff? It's enough to worry a person to death.

And, really, what good is it? By worrying about any of these or a million other things, are you able to change them for the better so that worry is no longer necessary?

Businesses worry too. I see managers worrying about the lack of sales, what's going to happen if it doesn't turn around soon, what to do, what to do, what to do. I think I'll eat some worms. . .

Tell you what: Keep on worrying and keep it to yourself. When I hear you complain or worry, I excuse myself to take that important call or something I've got to do. Or, worst case, I shut my ears and just nod my head.

It's all glass half empty stuff and you can have it. I choose HOPE! I choose ABUNDANCE. I choose JOY. I choose EXCITEMENT. I choose INNOVATION. I choose GRATITUDE. I choose SUCCESS. I choose FAITH. I choose LOVE. I choose ENJOYING TODAY ANYWAY EVERYDAY IN ALL WAYS!

Doesn't that sound so much better? Damn, it jacks me up just writing it! I choose SPREADING THAT WORD! It serves us both equally!


I Choose! No One Else. I Choose.

Spread Some Joy Today--Purposely Interrupt Anyone Complaining Today. Change The Subject For Them.

No comments:

Post a Comment