Saturday, November 19, 2016

Daily Inspiration 11-19-16

So, the story of young George Washington 
goes like this (from my memory in school): 

George's father: 
George, did you cut down the cherry tree? 

George: 
Father, I cannot tell a lie. 
No, I did not. 



Is George telling the truth? Does George's father believe that his son is incapable of lying? Or, could it be that there are quite a number of versions of the truth? Is anyone truly honest all of the time, or do we make all manner of judgments and develop countless punishments only for the very few?

When I was a young kid, my mom or dad would ask if I had done something when they knew darn good and well I did it, as they listened to me say I did not. Much of the time they knew I was lying, and I got the board, belt, sent to my room to contemplate the next move, etc. That is, until one day as I was somewhere between 10 and 12 years old I think, my answer to the question from my step-dad was, "what's it to ya?" Well, I don't know if you can guess what happened next, but he slapped me so hard in my face that my glasses flew all the way across the room. That quelled the bolder new me for a while.

Do kids lie? Do bears do it in the woods? Do parents lie? Do bees make honey? Does everyone lie? Hmmm, I can't speak for everyone, but my guess would be yes, under certain circumstances at least.

I ran across this piece from Abraham, Esther Hicks that sheds some beautiful and colorful light on the subject of liars and truth-tellers:

"If you feel drawn to someone, but you are annoyed because you think that they are telling you some lies, try to look beyond the lies and try to focus upon the feeling. People offer all kinds of words for all kinds of different reasons. Most lies are offered to try to keep things in alignment. We're not encouraging it, but the motive behind lying is usually a pretty honorable motive. In other words, when a child lies to their parents, it's usually because they want to be free to do what they want to do, and they don't want their parents to be upset about it. It's about wanting an alignment. Physical ears have a hard time hearing this. You keep talking about "We need to be honest." And we say, we don't meet any of you who are honest. Even those who claim to be the most virtuous, are not honest, but your vibration always is. We would trust the feeling more than the words." 

After I read this, I instantly got some insight into children lying, and speaking for myself, my own lying even as an adult when I felt the need to do so. Then I thought about the parent and child situation, and wondered, what if the parent understood what Abraham understands about this situation, and they did not react, but responded with love? What if there were no consequences? Interesting. What if the parents taught alignment with our inner being as our guidance system and that this was the most important thing to understand and learn to follow? What a different world that would be, at least in that one world.

I think lying is as natural as breathing when it comes to communication. Heck, look at the most recent election. But, regardless of what words come out of a person's mouth, it is their vibration that is key and we can all sense the vibration of others when we allow ourselves to do that, which allows us to know a great deal more than the words tend to speak.

Liars Are People. People Are Sometimes Liars. Unconditional Love Sees No Problem. 

Spread Some Joy Today--by laying down the resistance rope. We all do what we think is best, and we also know everyone has an opinion. Just take a chill pill and let it all go. We are all connected. We understand more than we will admit.

No comments:

Post a Comment