Thursday, September 29, 2016

Daily Inspiration 9-29-16

"The effect you have on others 
is the most valuable currency there is, 
because everything you gain in life 
will rot and fall apart, 
and all that is left of you 
is what was in your heart." 

-- Jim Carrey 



At the beginning of my commercial truck adventure 
in 1989 at Bidduph Chevrolet in Santa Rosa, CA 



Not very experienced at selfies, 
but here's the somewhat older gentleman 
that writes these Daily Inspirations today, 
In my uniform of Tommy Bahama shirt, shorts, and flip-flops. 


Today is another milestone for me. This Daily Inspiration is number 2,557, and it is the completion of 7 full years of daily inspirational messages that I've publicly posted in multiple venues, via email and on the Internet. The first was published on September 29th, 2009. Yesterday would have been the full completion but I skipped August 10th, 2013, the day my wife passed away. That phrase passed away is such an interesting way to say died, but I like rose above better yet. I firmly believe that she left pain behind for nonstop joy and unconditional love.

Milestones are interesting things. They are simply markers, and really don't mean anything more than we choose them to mean. Sometimes they can help us move forward, sort of prodding us, daring us, exciting us, challenging us. They can also cause us to reevaluate, reconsider, restructure, abandon, or begin again anew.

If I added up the hours that I have spent doing these daily messages, it adds up to around 250 24-hour days. Wow.

Sometimes I ask myself, "what the heck am I doing?" "Why am I doing this?" "What is the value of doing this, or continuing this?" Sometimes I think I am just putting out dribble, and other times, I felt divinely inspired. My goal has always been to be in touch with that divine inspiration, as it comes through me rather than from me. But, who knows? Maybe none of it has, maybe some, maybe all in some sort of mysterious way.

Then I get a note from a reader saying how much this particular message was just for them, just for now, perfectly received, divinely stated. Sometimes I get several, and in each I am amazed, and reengaged and inspired anew. I think that if even one was touched in that way that it is worth any and all of the time, energy, commitment, and production that I have within me. If I can have just a little dinky bit of a positive, uplifting--indeed, inspiring effect on another, it will be worth it many times over. I love how Jim Carrey began this post with, "the effect you have on others is the most valuable currency there is."

What amazes me more about some of the notes I get is which messages were valuable to them. Sometimes I feel like I hit the mark with a message, that it was divinely coming through me and might even be a little profound. Then, I write one that I felt missed the mark, was not divinely inspired, and even though it was the best I could do at the moment, I wasn't particularly pleased with it. Often, it is on one of those kind of posts where I felt I missed the mark that I get more responses. It's then that I know that regardless of how I feel, sometimes God comes through anyway, and I'm blown away.

It is not completely altruistic. It probably helps me more than it helps others because it is a way of me expressing my thoughts, feelings, ideas, inspirations. It allows me to think out loud so to speak. To gather my thoughts and find a way to put them together so that they make more sense. And if in so doing, others benefit, all the better.

I am so grateful for the few who read these, and I especially love those who bother to take the time to send me notes now and then reinforcing the idea that I might be providing some sort of value to them. They are milestones that encourage me to keep going.

I have learned so much along this path of sharing. I dare say that I am the greatest beneficiary.


Thank You For Your Part In This Co-Creative Experience. 

Spread Some Joy Today--by letting your light shine!

No comments:

Post a Comment