Sunday, November 30, 2014

Daily Inspiration 11-30-14

"To praise the sun 
is to praise your own eyes." 

-- Rumi 


Yesterday morning as I was stirring to wakefulness, I repeated several times a couple of phrases that I learned from Abraham and Esther Hicks. The first is, "today, no matter where I'm going and no matter what I am doing, it is my dominant intent to see that which I am wanting to see." The second, and more important of the two is, "nothing is more important than that I feel good." And, I shouldn't be surprised, but I found such good feelings and pure enjoyment throughout the day. The power of intention at play.

I was in a state of appreciation so much through the day, and I'll share one section with you. In recent years I find that I don't listen to music but rarely. I have thousands of songs in my library and then I discovered Spotify.com where I can pretty much find anything I want and even create playlists. In the last few months, I find myself listening more, but with much larger ears.

One of the things I love about Spotify is that it is like Netflix in that it suggests things I might like, and much of the time, I do. I adore Tommy Emmanuel as the peak of acoustic guitarists, and Spotify recommended a few like him. I found Martin Tallstrom there and what a find he was. He's a Swedish guitarist and I so relish an album he did in 2009 called Acoustics.

I listened to the album again and I found myself with eyes closed floating around in clouds and blue sky moving in rhythm and joy to each and every single note. Appreciation is an interesting thing in that it has no end that I have found. I was, and still am in fact, so deeply appreciating many things.

I was appreciating Martin's talent and dedication to improving his skill to form the presentation that I was hearing. I was appreciating the guitar maker who crafted a fine instrument for him to play. I was appreciating the guitar amplifier that adds such a depth to the sound. I was appreciating the recording; the recording studio that someone created; the skilled recording engineer; the record company; the stereo amplifier and the speakers that allowed me to listen to this. I was appreciating that Martin put himself out there and was willing, and perhaps even eager to share his blessings with me. The list goes on and on and on.

I play guitar so I can perhaps more fully appreciate what it takes to be as good as he is and the nuances that make the sound so perfect. I used to own a recording studio and have thousands of hours of recording time so I can appreciate the skill and knowledge it takes to record music so well. I own a business so I can appreciate what it takes to create that studio, market that music and more. Maybe now in looking back, this is why I learned what I did just so I could appreciate in a better way and to listen with larger ears. Or, maybe that didn't matter at all. It could just be that I was intent on feeling good and finding things that I wanted.

Abraham and Esther Hicks state that if you focus on something in appreciation (or in any other way too) for as little as 17 seconds, another thought joins it and then another and another and so on, drawing more to you that you are focused on. Yesterday I was focused on feeling good, I found things that I wanted, I began appreciating one aspect, then in my joy, I found another, then another and another until I was appreciating hundreds of things that surrounded this one piece of music I was listening to.


It Was A Day Of Pure Joy And Love. I Think I Will Go For A Repeat Today. . . 

Spread Some Joy Today--Share your joys and your joys are instantly increased.

No comments:

Post a Comment